Saturday, March 18, 2006

I know I know.......

I did a bad thing yesterday, but I just couldn't help myself. As many of you may know, I fancy myself to be a good limit player. The reason I'm not playing low limit to build my bankroll is the fact that, simply, I can't stand the way that people play low limit Hold'Em. I know I know I should be able to adjust my play to profit in low limit games, but the truth is that I don't have enough care in me to grind out the low limits. I'll play in low limit games, that's not a big deal, but to play in them on a consistent basis just doesn't fly by my standards. I don't care about the money in $0.50/$1, and I don't understand how people play so poorly. That's probably one of my biggest flaws as a poker player is not being able to grind out micro/low-limits on a consistent basis. That's why I'm waiting until I have a decent enough BR to sustain playing AT LEAST 5/10, or at least I thought I was waiting....

I woke up around noon yesterday, after being up until about 4 in the morning after a little puking episode. Apparently I ate something that really didn't agree with my stomach...I played a couple $20+2 SnGs, and things didn't really go well. Again. The past week hasn't really been my time to shine. So what did I do? The thing that you're not supposed to do as a poker player, ever. I took $170 out of my $600 invested online and I sat at a 5/10 table. Now normally I would be totally against this, but I had my reasons: 1) I was tilting :), and 2) I trust my limit game like no other. So feeling light-headed, tired, and tilted, I sat the a 5/10 10-handed on UB.

I sat with $170, just because (don't ask me why, I was sick man). There are really no HH's to post here, cuz I really just played my limit game, but to get to the point I played for 44 minutes until the game spontaneously broke. I played 58 hands and profited $220. It felt good, and while I realize that 22BB/58, or 38BB/100, is definitely not typical of a normal expected rate, I know I can beat the game on a regular level. Once I have enough to BR a 5/10, I will definitely start to make some money as I work up my BR till I can play higher. Of course holding a 9-5 job also, playing 5/10 4-6 days a week will probably give me some extra spending cash as I build.

So basically I went outside my plan, but it worked, and I only had to play for 44 minutes to make up a week's worth of losses. That's all I have to say for this entry. I know that this entry probably seems scattered, but I didn't eat at all yesterday with the exception of one piece of bread. I'll eat something and maybe my mind will clear up though. Damn those lost electrolytes......

Also, I wanted to say that it's good to see Tre Momey is doing well again. He was going through some rough times, but it seems like he found some footing, not only in poker but in life as well, and that's great to see. I don't know if he even reads my blog, but I thought this was worth mentioning anyways.

Bankroll: $790

2 comments:

TreMomey said...

Thanks for the mention, I really appreciate the support. Although it is Tre MoMey with an M ;).

As you have probably seen from my postings, playing out of your bankroll is never a great idea. However, I don't think it is the worst thing if you aren't using the money as your sole source of income, especially if you can't stomach playing lower limit games but know that you can be a consistent winner at the higher games.

GL.

-Tre

Chawwles said...

D'oh! I had noticed that a while ago, but I finally fixed it now. Yeah I took another shot and I had the same result, 1 hr of play, 190 profit. I KNOW I can beat the higher games, I just don't have the bank......yet.......