Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Lounging

For the past couple days work's been pretty mentally busy, and I've been doing a lot of lounging. Last week I ordered a slew of cheap yet wanted DVDs off of Amazon, which included:
-Swingers
-Boiler Room
-The Princess Bride (yessss)
-Three Kings (random, I know).

I spent a couple days hangin out at the apartment and just watching the DVDs and a few recorded movies on DVR. Last weekend I went to see the Bourne Ultimatum, and hopefully I'll get out to see the Simpson's Movie, for good or for bad.

I also ordered Mortal Kombat III and Street Fighter II for my Sega Genesis, and dammit it's sweet. The thing's been sitting in my closet since I moved in, but it was cool to break it out and play some oldies since I don't play video games much any more.

In my opinion some of the graphics and sounds that came from the games back in the SNES and Genesis era were some of the best produced today. Although there's been quite a few versions of the Mortal Kombat series released for modern systems, the MKII and MKIII really can't be beat.

I also ordered the book Comp City, which I've been taking care of a few pages at a time. I've got a couple books on the to-read list, and I'm hopin to get around to those this weekend. Although I spent some time in front of movies/TV last week, I've been trying not to spend too much time on my laptop lately, especially with the beautiful weather/girls/alcohol that's gracing downtown Santa Barbara lately.

There's actually been a fire burning a few miles away over the hill, and for the most part on Friday the sky was raining ash over the entire city. But besides that one day, the weather out here has been amazing and I'm trying to take advantage of it. Don't worry, I'm still pretty pastey white and that might never change, but I'm trying to get out and about as much as I can.

This weekend is Paullywood Park, where I can hopefully take over Darsky's point lead. I probably won't be doing much this weekend, but will try to hit up some more DVD shopping which will hopefully include the "300" DVD.

Shortstacking Vegas Pt. III will be posted soon, and as soon as I feel like staying inside I'll be writing up much more.

Until next time.

3 comments:

Darsky said...

Yes! Swingers! Finally!

Chawwles said...

Haha it's been sitting in my Amazon wish list forever so I finally just said "Dammit...Darsky's gonna be pissed if I don't see this movie sometime soon..."

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Have not read it yet. Your blog maybe need reformating for the low resolution computers. Scrolling up and down is ok, but plusing repeatedly scroll from left to right might be boring. Maybe you do not mind. That will be like "who cares?".