Monday, May 22, 2006

Sin City and.......more poker?

I got to finally watch Sin City this week, and I just gotta say wow. I had heard good things about the movie and just never got around to seein it. I was a little skeptical of the "goodness" of it because I hate getting hyped into things and finally getting around to it and being disappointed because I've expected too much. With this movie that couldn't have been the case. I don't think I could've expected too little from this one, it was just a cool, cool movie. They brought about a pretty big cast for it (rightfully so) and the cinematics in it are just crazy. I loved it, you must see it. If you've already seen it, then watch it again.

I made it down to Chumash four times last week. That felt good considering I only made it down there twice the week before, and I really felt like I didn't play enough. The multiple sessions were bittersweet, though, as I took a pretty decent loss on Wednesday night. But lo and behold I got it back on Friday! I've been tryin to sit the 300-500 buy-in when possible, and so far it's been working out. They only run it from Friday-Sunday, and you're lucky to get a seat as usually the table's full until it breaks.

After sleeping for about 13 hours and having some awesome breakfast from this restaurant close by, I went last night to top off the week, and things weren't lookin too good. I lost $400 in the 100-200 2/5NL game, and was about to go home until I saw that the 300-500 game was still going. I knew that I had to sit in it, and from the players sitting the game I knew I would at least get even, if not ahead on the night. I put my name on the board and waited. And waited. And waited........I decided to get a burger to eat since I hadn't eaten since breakfast and it was now 10PM, but the service was busy and by the time I got my burger it was time to take my seat! After a little under two hours of waiting, I bought in for my usual $300 and was under way.

I only played for a little over an hour, and was able to recoup the loss and come up $300 winner on the night, which was just fine and dandy by me. It was a self-satisfying victory, as I was really feeling down and ready to leave from the first game when I saw the other game going, and I just knew that I could beat it if I played it. I made my losses back and took home a smallish win in less time than it took me to get into the game, and the only reason I left was cuz it was getting late (or early I should say) and I still do have a 9-5, so yes, I do need sleep.

I'll hopefully be making it down to Chumash for another four sessions this week, but if I only get in three I'll make 'em good ones. Hopefully I'll be able to post some hands too, because I haven't done that in a while. We got Paul's game coming up this weekend, too, but Darsky and I both agreed that if there's not enough players we'd rather play Chumash instead.....or did somebody say Morongo?.......

No comments: